Happy Valentine’s Day
These are truly trying times. A global pandemic, social unrest, and natural disasters have weighed heavy on our hearts and minds. This Valentine’s Day, Ashland Community Hospital Foundation wishes to recognize the loving kindness expressed by our donors. It’s that kind of love that turns the darkness to light.
Through the generosity of our community $874,185 in charitable support and endowment earnings was received to benefit healthcare in our community, including our local hospital. The highlights include:
- Purchased two Optimum Enlight System devices, the latest in ultraviolet technology, for the sterilization of operating rooms and patient care areas at Asante Ashland Community Hospital utilizing donations from the annual Patrons Campaign.
- Awarded a record $131,952 to 29 local nursing students at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) and Rogue Community College (RCC) through The William G. and Ruth T. Evans Endowed Nursing Scholarship.
- Renovated the Asante Ashland Conference Room thanks to an estate gift from Sidney and Barbara Field and other donor designated gifts.
- Supported COVID-19 response at Asante Ashland with grants totaling $109,317 from the Oregon Health & Science University Office of Rural Health and The William G. and Ruth T. Evans Fund of the Oregon Community Foundation.
- Supported the School Nurse Program of Asante Ashland. The program provided care to over 5,400 elementary, middle, and high school children in Ashland, Talent, and Phoenix.
- Coordinated the donation of over 1,000 mittens, gloves and hats to Phoenix and Talent Elementary Schools to help keep children impacted by the Almeda Fire warm this winter.
Thank you for supporting the Ashland Community Hospital Foundation. Your gifts help improve the health of our community.