Past Year’s Giving
How Your Donations Make a Difference
Last year was a difficult year both locally and globally. A global pandemic, social unrest and natural disasters has weighed heavy on our hearts and minds. Through it all, the generosity of our community never wavered. In 2020, Ashland Community Hospital Foundation received $874,185 in charitable support and endowment earnings to benefit healthcare in our community.
In addition, last year over $600,000 was granted to support the health of our community and Asante Ashland Community Hospital. The highlights of those grants include:
- Purchased two Optimum Enlight System devices, the latest in ultraviolet technology, for the sterilization of operating rooms and patient care areas at Asante Ashland Community Hospital utilizing donations from the annual Patrons Campaign.
- Awarded a record $131,952 to 29 local nursing students at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) and Rogue Community College (RCC) through The William G. and Ruth T. Evans Endowed Nursing Scholarship.
- Renovated the Asante Ashland Conference Room thanks to an estate gift from Sidney and Barbara Field and other donor designated gifts.
- Supported COVID-19 response at Asante Ashland with grants totaling $109,317 from the Oregon Health & Science University Office of Rural Health and The William G. and Ruth T. Evans Fund of The Oregon Community Foundation.
- Supported the School Nurse Program of Asante Ashland thanks to grants from the Ashland Food Coop, The Cow Creek Umpqua Indian Foundation, The Reed and Carolee Walker Fund of The Oregon Community Foundation, The Sharkey Foundation, Shop’n Kart, and other donor designated gifts. The program provided care to over 5,400 elementary, middle, and high school children in Ashland, Talent, and Phoenix.
- Coordinated the donation of over 1,000 mittens, gloves and hats to Phoenix and Talent Elementary Schools to help keep children impacted by the Almeda Fire warm last winter.
Thank you for supporting the Ashland Community Hospital Foundation. Your gifts help improve the health of our community and serve as a beacon of hope for brighter days ahead.