Past Year’s Giving
How Your Donations Make a Difference
In 2019, the Ashland Community Hospital Foundation, received over $831,000 in charitable contributions and endowment earnings. Your donations help improve hospital facilities, programs and services, and strengthen our existing endowments. We would like to thank all of our generous donors who made these gifts possible. Here are some of the highlights:
- Over $95,740 was raised to support the new Resiliency Program to create a more healing experience for our patients.
- The William G. and Ruth T. Evans Endowed Nursing Scholarship awarded a record $108,000 to 32 local nursing students at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) and Rogue Community College (RCC).
- A bequest from the Elmer C. Biegel Family Memorial Foundation and individual contributions helped purchase a Neoprobe, which will help find and target tissue during breast cancer surgeries.
- Launched a new Education and Professional Development Fund to support Asante Ashland employees seeking advanced certifications and specialized credentials important to hospital programs and services.
- Hosted an Innovation Symposium for Asante leaders, managers, and community stakeholders to learn about innovation in healthcare and our community.
- Supported the expansion of the School Nurse Program serving the Ashland and Talent elementary and middle schools. School nurse services are now available to the over 5,400 elementary, middle, and high school students in Ashland, Talent, and Phoenix.
*Figures based on our 2019 fundraising report, which includes cash and pledges raised during 2019. Report does not include in-kind contributions.